Therefore employer as well as employee should work together to create a stress-free and gleeful work environment.
Following things contribute to being happy and stress-free at work:
- We are happy when we find meaning in the jobs that we do, when we can see and get appreciated by our seniors for our contributions to the organization’s business goals. Work becomes deeply fulfilling when we know we are having a positive impact on people and results.
- Happiness also depends on how hopeful we are about the future. When our job is supportive to personal vision and family expectations, then we are more open to learning, acquiring new skills and overall progress. Every team leader should know and support the personal goals of his or her team members.
- Very important for a stress-free workspace are warm and positive relationships with colleagues and immediate superiors. If we like the people we work with, we give generously of our time and talents, enjoy ourselves and have a relaxed mindset too.
- Altering your attitude towards stress will enhance your well-being. Present day competitive lifestyle has given rise to immense stress. But stress is a reaction to a given condition and thus can be controlled with strong will power. Of-course regular yoga and good sleep are the keys to battling stress. One should atleast aim to sleep on the same day that is by 12 midnight!
- Daily exercise, yoga, meditation and kriya will definitely inculcate positive attitude. A rhythmic walk for 40 – 60 minutes a day is must for a working professional with an otherwise sedentary lifestyle.. Be active on desk by doing hand/neck exercises and maintain a good posture. Schedule a few minutes of pranayama before your meals and 20 minutes of power nap after your lunch. This in turn will increase the work productivity and accuracy.
“Before its too late take this time to realize that your mental health is of utmost importance!”